Watch a video of Daron Smith, MD, explaining the in-office balloon sinuplasty procedure.
To learn more about the sinus services available at CornerStone Ear, Nose & Throat, call 704-752-7575 or go to our practice website at CornerStoneENT.com.
If you have been diagnosed with chronic sinusitis and medications have not been effective in treating your condition, you may be a candidate for sinus surgery. CornerStone Ear, Nose & Throat offers in-office balloon sinuplasty to treat patients with chronic and recurrent acute sinusitis. Benefits of this minimally invasive procedure include:
- The procedure is performed in our office
- There is minimal bleeding and pain
- It only takes 20-30 minutes
- Patients return home the same day
- Most patients return to work 24-48 hours after procedure
- It results in long-term relief of sinusitis symptoms
- The procedure is covered by most insurance
How Balloon Sinuplasty Works
With Balloon Sinuplasty, inflamed sinuses are reopened in the same way that heart surgeons open up blocked arteries. No bone or tissue is removed from the nose, and the procedure is performed using local anesthesia.